Thursday, May 20, 2010

PLZ I need help wiith my scoence fair project!!?

i am doing a science fair project that is due monday. I did which brand of potting soil make plants grow the best. i tested 3 different brands of potting soil and i grew zinnias. they were all watered the same and received the same amount of sunlight. i need to know what my control is. Can any one help??

PLZ I need help wiith my scoence fair project!!?
Pick one zinnia and make it the control. Come up with a justification for picking that soil. Try looking at the ingredient lists and see if any of them have special ingredients; make those the experimental ones and the other one the control. This makes the project more about which specific ingredients make plants grow the best.





The best control would probably have been to grow one plant in normal dirt, but it's obviously too late for that. This kind of project doesn't easily lend itself to a control sample; an easier project would have been to grow them all in the same dirt, but give supplements to some of them. The one that didn't get any supplements would be the control.


No comments:

Post a Comment