Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello Irish Friends across the Great Blue! What do you plan on growing in your gardens this Spring?

I'm really curious to hear what folks in other countries grow in their home flower and veggie gardens. We live in the Midwest, in the States, and here's what we'll have:





Loads of tulips, daffodils, crocus, hyacinths, and other bulbs my girls planted with me in the fall.





We'll plant zinnias, cosmos, morning glories, roses, along with butterfly bushes, stargazer lillies, daylillies, lilacs, mulberry bushes, and tons of other flowers.





Our veg garden will have loads of tomatoes, Indian corn (the girls love the colors), cucumbers, and some herbs. We have deer, rabbits, and bunnies, so lots of other veggies get nibbled down. :)





I was wondering what you all grow? How big are your yards? Ours is .78 acre which is 2,608 square meters . We usually start planting our spring gardens around Mother's Day in mid-May - is it the same for you?








Thanks so much! I can't wait to get the Spring Gardens going and have always wondered what gardeners in other countries plant.

Hello Irish Friends across the Great Blue! What do you plan on growing in your gardens this Spring?
I've already got tons of flowers out there, so I am doing some vegies this year.
Reply:I planted a bunch of Guinness cans this winter, so I cant wait to find out what I will get!

tags

No comments:

Post a Comment