Sunday, May 16, 2010

Care for lantana & zinnias?

I just planted these in my flower bed. Should I water them in the am first thing or in the evenings? I am a beginning gardner so all help is appreciated.

Care for lantana %26amp; zinnias?
I do nothing to my Lantana and it performs beautifully every year. A little water every now and again and your set. Same for Zinnia, however, they do like a bit more water when it's hot and it doesn't take much for them to thirst to death so just watch them for drooping.


Here is a good site on caring for zinnia:


http://www.yardener.com/CaringforZinnias...
Reply:Lantana don't need a lot of water.





Lantana can be very invasive. Mine produces small fertile berries, that make new plants where they drop. They'll then take over your garden.





Best is along a fence where you can control one side, and you don't care if new ones sprout underneath.





I know nothing about zinnias.


No comments:

Post a Comment